Khalsa College for Women is one of the leading women institutions of Punjab situated on National Highway (G.T.Road), Amritsar. Established in 1968, it is a premier institute, a gateway to academic and professional excellence having the proud privilege of working under the auspices of Khalsa College Governing Council, Amritsar. In the 49th historic All India Sikh Educational Conference, held at the premises of Khalsa College, Amritsar under the patronage of Chief Khalsa Dewan, it was proposed to establish a separate institution for women. Finally as per its resolution no. 262 dated June 10, 1967 and resolution no. 279 dated September 17, 1967 of the Governing Council of Khalsa College, it was decided to start Khalsa College for Women in the premises of Khalsa College, Amritsar.The sapling of Khalsa College for Women was implanted on July 15,1968 and a residential block known as Sehaj Dhari Hostel was converted into Khalsa College for Women. This basic structure was constructed by Sahib Bahadur Raja Harinder Singh of Faridkot in 1930. Sardar Bahadur S. Ujjal Singh, the then President of Khalsa College Governing Council and Governor of Madras, formally inaugurated the college on October 5, 1968.
Started with an inception of small number of students, now the bud has bloomed into a full-fledged institution. With continuous Journey of forty nine years, the infrastructural development and achievements in the fields of academics, sports and co- curricular activities, the college has earned a name among the prestigious women institutions of the region.
College has very safe and happening environment. It has placement and counseling cell, elaborate arrangement for games, special economic and academic packages, well developed software portfolios, clean and hygienic campus with easy accessibility.The campus has HI-TECH Computer Labs, fully furnished Music Rooms, Home Science & Textile Designing Lab, Science Labs.