In the pretext of the progressive movement of sixties, major focus to save the society from large number of evils prevalent in it, was to make the society educated. The popular phrase that if you educate a man, you educate a person, but if you educate a woman, you educate a family was well noticed and well taken by the philanthropists of the times and women education was considered much needed thing for the rapid development of the society. It was visualized by the founders of Khalsa College for Women that to spread the light of knowledge among women, formal education is most necessitated thing.
Khalsa College for Women was established in July 1968 with the view that women can be enlightened, awakened, empowered and then liberated from socio-cultural ties and taboos only through formal education, which in result will provide them economic and social independence to bridge the gap of gender inequality.
- College aims to impart university education and to spread the light of knowledge among women folk, especially the rural and underprivileged section of the society.
- It aspires to awaken and empower women.
- It believes in propagating ethics and moral values like honesty, goodness, high character, humanity and sacrifice as described by great gurus in Sikh scriptures.
- It tasks hard to produce intelligent, responsible, persevered human beings with a sense of integrity, nationality, global vision and universal acceptance.
- To impart formal and informal educational excellence to girl students to meet the requirements of high-tech 21st century world.
- To provide various career options in diverse academic and vocational fields according to the aptitude of the students.
- To promote extra curricular activities and sports to develop the harmonious personality of girl students.
- To inculcate human values among the students to emerge as ideal citizens.
- To produce skill oriented human resource.
The vision, mission and objectives of the institution are well stated and communicated to its stakeholders through college Prospectus, Emblem and are recited as College Shabad in weekly assembly and at other functions.
- To establish a state-of-the-art recreational center for the students.
- To start more skill oriented courses.
- To get status of college with Potential for Excellence (CPE).
- To seek more collaborations with external agencies for mutual growth.